These have been perfected after a long summer of trial and error. Key points…don’t get the super lean turkey…make sure you freeze them before cooking…spray with pam.
- 2 pound ground turkey (make sure it is only 85% lean–don’t get the super lean kind)
- 3-4 green onions chopped up small
- half to a full bunch of cilantro chopped up
- 2 egg yolks (egg yellows)
- 1/2 to a full cup of bread crumbs
- a good size splash of worcestershire sauce
- some good squirts of mustard
- 1 chopped up jalapeño
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1-3 tablespoons of cumin
- whatever other spices you want to add…sometimes i add oregeno, or paprika
mash is all up. I weigh out each burger (168 grams) but you could also just divide them into 7 patties (thats what 2 pounds ends up making)
shape into patties with an indent in the middle of each one (this helps keep them patty shaped when cooked)
Freeze for at least an hour–we usually do it over night but an hour works fine too
heat up grill. Spray both sides patties with pam.